The main chemical components contained in the medium can effectively denature proteins and inactivate diverse viruses in the samples. In addition, the medium can also inhibit the nuclease activity and protect the integrity of nucleic acids for further PCR detecting.
1. Spit into the funnel until saliva volume reaches the specified value.
2. Press the cap of the funnel to make the VTM flows into the tube.
3. Keep the tube upright and carefully remove the funnel.
4. Tight the cover and reverse the collection tube several times. Mix saliva and VTM well.
5. Wipe the tube clean and put it in the specimen bag.
1. The sample should be mixed with the medium for ensuring inactivation of virus.
2. Don't eat, drink, smoke, chew gum, brush your teeth, or use mouthwash for at least 30 minutes before providing a sample.
3. The collection tube , funnel and swab for a single use and it is forbidden to share within different samples.
4. Do not use expired products.
5. When the relevant sampling materials are discarded, the relevant requirements of the "Medical Waste Management Regulations" and "General Guidelines for Biosafety of Microbiology and Biomedical Laboratories" shall be strictly implemented.